Ericom’s Virtualization solutions are now bundled with IMPACT thin clients (Linux, Windows CE and Windows XPe – based operating sytems)
Closter, NJ and Courtaboeuf, France (June 5, 2008) – Ericom Software, a leading global provider of application access and virtualization solutions, and IMPACT Technologies, a leading provider of next generation thin clients, today announced a new alliance in which IMPACT thin clients will be pre-packaged with Ericom’s PowerTerm® WebConnect client for Desktop Virtualization and Server Based Computing. IMPACT will also make available Ericom’s PowerTerm WebConnect Server as a bundled offering - for more comprehensive management of these varied environments.
Using Ericom's PowerTerm WebConnect - the simpler, faster and cost-effective alternative to Citrix - Impact Technologies further enhance its capabilities to provide thin clients users with secure, local and remote access to applications and desktops running on Windows Terminal Servers, Virtual Desktops Infrastructures (VDI) and legacy host systems.
The alliance between IMPACT and Ericom enables organizations to experience the full value of virtualization in thin computing environments. As a first outcome of the alliance, Ericom's PowerTerm WebConnect client software is embedded into the Windows XP Embedded based operating core of IMPACT’s ITIUM thin clients. Customers interested in testing thin client virtualization benefits may download the server component directly from Ericom's web site. Full integration of Ericom's virtualization technology into the thin client software core allows administrators to manage both classic and virtualized thin clients through a unified interface, the Itium Admin Services platform.
Benefits of the Impact Technology and Ericom's solution include :
· Enterprise-wide Access to Windows Terminal Servers, Virtual Desktops, Blade PCs and over 35 legacy host environments from IMPACT thin clients
· Intuitive and Easy to Use: Published applications seamlessly integrate with user thin client interfaces and are easily launched via the Application Zone, desktop icons or Application Portal (Web Interface)
· Easy Setup and Configuration: Eliminates the need for IT administrators to service or upgrade individual devices, reducing technical support overhead
· Centralized Virtual Desktop Management: Centrally manage virtual desktops for individual users and pools of virtual desktops which are dynamically allocated to users within groups
· Centralized Application Management: Centrally manage Terminal Server application deployments, updates and maintenance
· Comprehensive Hypervisor Support: VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Oracle VM, XenServer, Sun xVM, Xen Community-based hypervisors, Virtual Iron and more
· Built-in Productivity Tools: Load Balancing, Remote Desktop Support, Remote Desktop Access, LDAP and Active Directory integration
· Enhanced Security: Two-factor authentication, RSA SecurID, SSL VPN support
Brian Berns, Ericom COO commented, "Ericom is pleased to partner with IMPACT Technologies. Europe is an important market for thin client computing, and this alliance expands our ability to offer our Server Based Computing and Desktop Virtualization solutions for thin client environments to this region. The bundled IMPACT and Ericom offering provides organizations of all sizes with a highly-robust and cost-effective solution that meets the dynamic access needs of today’s organizations."
Pascal Gaucher, IMPACT Technologies CEO said, "This agreement further demonstrates the commitment of Impact Technologies to provide customized thin client solutions, based on its expertise of thin client software and hardware. Including Ericom's PowerTerm WebConnect component allows our customers to experience today the benefits of virtualization both on the client and server sides.
Ericom's PowerTerm WebConnect client software is available now and integrated into Itium's system software core. The server solution for PowerTerm WebConnect is available for trial purpose (30 days) from Ericom's web site: www.ericom.com